ИконописиконографияПравославни икониOk, I know this will ruffle some feathers out there, and I really don’t give a shit. Let’s be honest, there are some wine aficionados out there that will automatically click away, and that’s fine. Screw ‘em. This post is for those people out there that like wine, love wine, and really just like the whole wine thing. I am all three of those. I like wine because it’s not as filling as beer and not as strong as liquor. I love wine with cheese and wine tastings. There.
But that is not what this post is about. You may or may not have read this blog about beer cans vs. beer bottles: , if not, go there and quit looking lost. It’s funny and it actually makes a lot of sense. It brings me to this point, bitches.
So, here goes….BOXED vs. BOTTLED:
1. Again, the REFRIGERATOR…I don’t know about you, but I can’t fit 4 bottles of wine in my fridge. I have baby formula, uneaten fruit, beer (in a can, of course), and a bunch of shit that we paid for that won’t get eaten. But what I do have is a 4 x 6 x 6 inch BOX. IT CONTAINS FOUR BOTTLES of WINE. I’m sure I need 4 bottles of wine in my fridge at any given time. I’m just sayin’.
2. It’s actually not even in a box. It’s in a bag (that’s in a box). A BAG. Who can’t fit a plastic bag in the fridge, in a cooler, in ANYTHING??? If you can’t, you can’t fit bottled wine, and you shouldn’t be drinking anyway.
3. The wine is actually pretty good! Ok, here is where I lose credibility because I am not a connoisseur and most wine tastes pretty good to me. Now, I’m not talking about that Franzia White Zin shit. Come on! White zin sucks and we used to get Franzia in a box in the 80′s. (Maybe they were on to something!) But, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio (my personal favorite), and Cabernet comes in a box that is actually pretty damn good!
4. The price…. I found a damn good BOX of Pinot Grigio at Costco that cost $13.99. Are you kidding me? This whole argument is stupid. There is no argument at all. Do the math.
5. The last point is don’t listen to me, because I know nothing about wine other than I like the taste, it gets the job done, my husband pays for a wine club (meaning I get two over-priced bottles of wine a month shipped to me a month), and I probably drink wine a little too much. So, suck it. “IS MY WINE DOWN THERE???”